Nthoto Chonela holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) -Business School of Netherlands (BSN), Banking (CAIB) – Institute of Bankers in SA(IOB), Management and Leadership (Graduate Institute of Management & Technology). She is an ETDP Seta accredited Facilitator and Assessor, a professional Debt Counsellor, an accredited International Labour Organisation (ILO) Trainer. She has worked in the Banking industry for over 20 years, both in Lesotho and South Africa in positions such as Credit Evaluation Officer, Business Manager, Relationship Manager – Corporate Banking.
- She has served as a Board Member at Storm Mountain Diamonds Mine (Namakwa Group).
- She is a mentee alumni of Cherie Blair Foundation for Women.
Nthoto served as a Provincial Chairperson for the South African Women in Construction (SAWIC), an NPO organisation that has a footprint in all Nine Provinces in South Africa (2017 to March 2019), during her term she sat on the SAWIC National Board, which consists of Provincial Chairpersons and National Office Bearers. She has recently been elected as the National Treasurer General for South African Women in Construction (2021-2024 office bearer).
She underwent the Eskom Contractor Academy – (University of Limpopo) training and obtained a 2nd position best performer award in the Free State (an 8 months programme) that covers the following modules:
- Safety, Health, Environment, Risk Assessment and Quality(SHERQ)
- Supply Chain Management
- People Management
- Project Management
- Finance Management
- Business Skills and HIV/AIDS in the workplace.
She has also attended a Home Builder’s course and other short-term trainings in construction to acquire technical skills in the Built environment.
Nthoto is a Director of Silver Streak Training & Business Consultancy (85% shareholder), an Accredited Training and Business Consultancy company that was established in 2009. She is a sole Director in a Construction Company – Mochon Projects (Pty) Ltd.
Nthoto through her company (Silver Streak) serves as a Service Provider for the Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA). She trains on various business programmes, such as:
- Financial Management
- Basic Business Skills
- Tender to Secure Business
- Business Planning Processes
- Costing & Pricing
She offers consulting services for SMMEs such as:
- Development of business plans
- market research
- feasibility studies
- viability studies.
She offers Mentorship services for SMMES:
- Mentor on PetroSA Enterprise Supplier Development (ESD) Programme.
- Mentor for various SEDA clients.
- Mentor on FETOLA-FNB volunteer mentorship programme for FNB SMME Clients during the covid-19.
- Mentor on MicroMentor – USA based mentorship platform.
Her company also offers vast accredited training in Public Administration qualifications, including Leadership programmes and other tailor-made programmes.
She has built strong business relationships with various stakeholders both in government departments and the private sector throughout the Free State Province.
She has been appointed to train on various Financial Literacy Programmes and in her recent business engagements has been appointed:
- To train on ASISA Financial Literacy programmes in the Free State.
- To train on FNB Financial Literacy programme in the Free State.
- ISFAP (Pilot) Financial Literacy programme for TVET and Universities.
- She has run ASISA Foundation interviews on Lesedi FM on the importance of Savings and investments.
- She was on the panel on 2021 Money Smart Week South Africa (MSWSA) on the importance of savings especially during a time of crisis.
She was contracted as an Independent Facilitator to do Empowerment Workshops for Kagiso Shanduka Foundation and the department of education – Free State province.
She has been invited as a Guest Speaker on various platforms including but not limited to the following Conferences/Seminars/Events:
- Dept. of Public Works – Women in Construction.
- MWC Youth Sisters’ Conference – Purity in Business
- Small Enterprise Development Agency (SEDA) Women Month Event – Spiritual Matters
- On Panel of Judges for Empretec Business Plan Competition.