WHO WE ARE
The South African Women in Construction (SAWIC) initiative was founded to empower women to gain access to contracts, training, finance and networks in the construction industry. SAWIC is a Section 21 Company, and was incorporated in 1997. As such, SAWIC is owned by its members. SAWIC has a national footprint in all 9 provinces.
The organisation has experienced continuous growth over the years and has an approved (by its members) constitution which is regularly reviewed by its executive to ensure currency and appropriateness. SAWIC & BE is run by the President, who is supported by an NOB with special expertise in critical areas like, Membership Development, Operations and Finance, Research and Development and Stakeholder Liaison.
SAWIC & BE
- We have over 600 members in good standing.
- Our membership comprises of women owned entities in construction, property development, property management, suppliers, manufacturers and the BEP’s (companies, co-operatives and corporates)
- The membership is a representation of the all nine provinces of the Republic.
- The cover CIDB levels from Grade 1 – 9, across all the classifications of works.
SAWIC & BE’s VALUE PROPOSITION
- Leverage networks through SAWIC’s partners and other business organisation affiliations
- Skills Development (Business management and Technical)
- Increase capacity to deliver projects
- Encourage collaborations, co-production and co-operatives
- Access to material supply and finance
- Access to economic opportunities
- Think tank to provide expertise/knowledge in Policies related to the transformation agenda
- Comprehensive Enterprise Development Program