Mapula Maupye has been a member of the South Africsn Women in Construction (SAWiC, now SAWiC& Built Environment (SAWiC & BE) from 2003/4 to date. A graduate, Mediator (by ADR Network SA, Leaders in Dispute Resolution), empowered through Women Empowerment Program by the National Home Building Registration Council (NHBRC) & University of Pretoria (Gordon Institute of Business Science). Registered a company in 2002 as a sole member. Amongst other trainings received as an entrepreneur, that’s for operations, general & financial management, project management, inspector training, health & safety and imparted knowledge and experience with the employees, and a consideration for lending a hand to the communities in different cooperate social investment initiatives.
Leadership positions held and experience gained, amongst others are:
1. Former SAWiC & BE (Limpopo Chapter):
1.1 Provincial Chairperson(PC), for a term,
1.2 Provincial Secretary (PS), for a term &
1.3 Provincial Finance and Operations (Treasurer)(PT), for a term.
2. Provincial Chairperson: Limpopo Network on Violence Against Women & Children for two terms
3. Limpopo Department of Economic Development & Tourism (LEDET), Limpopo Consumer Court Member, for two terms.
4. Limpopo Department of Arts and Culture (Geographic Names Change): Board member, for a term.
5. University of the North now Limpopo (UL) StreetLaw and Democracy for All:
5.1 Project Officer,
5.2 Fundraising Officer (Treasurer) &
6. Deputy Chairperson.
7. University of the North): University of the North Performing Arts Production (UNIPAP): Member.
8. South African Non Governmental Coalition (SANGOCO)
– Northern Province/Limpopo:
– Provincial Secretary
9. SANGOCO – National:
– Second Deputy President
10. Central Region Consumer Forum (CRCF)/Capricorn, positions held:
10.1 Regional Secretary, for a term &
10.2 Regional Treasurer, for a term.
11. Member of the Women’s League, positions held:
11.1 Branch Chairperson, for a term
11.2. Branch Secretary, for a term &
11.3 Branch Treasurer also for a term.
SUMMARISED CONSTRUCTION AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT BACKGROUND
Successfully managed and completed construction & built environment projects as a company, partner in Joint Venturing(Jv) and sub construction (sub construction: implementation/management) for different different companies. Amongst others:
1. Limpopo Department of Local Government and Housing (DLGH) now Department of Corporate Governance, Human Settlement and Traditional Affairs (CoGHSTA): construction projects of Low cost houses.
2. Limpopo Department of Public Works, Roads & Transport
– Construction of different projects.
3. Mpumalanga Department of Public Works: Building & civil construction work, Classroom blocks, Library Computer center, Library
1. Secretary General (SG)
SAWiC & BE 2021 – 2024
2. Member – Limpopo Housing Panel, until 2023
3. Member Limpopo Department of Arts and Culture) Limpopo Arts and Culture Council (LACC), until 2023.
4. Acting Branch Secretary, 2019 to date.
5. Provincial Chairperson, Black Business Council in the Built Environment (BBCBE), Limpopo, for a term, until March 2022.